Sunday 11 May 2014

God’s Goodness and Mercies

Main Scripture: Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalms 23:6 (KJV)

Song to Meditate On: Great Is Your Mercy – Donnie McClurkin (

In an effort to encourage me a friend of mine told me that whenever he is going through he listens to today’s song - Great is Your Mercies towards me by Donnie McClurkin.

This song reminded me of today’s scripture which tells us that goodness and mercies shall follow us all the days of our lives. In the Hebrew this means that, God’s favour, and the blessed and comfortable effects of it; shall pursue us, every single day until we die.

It really comforts me to know that God favours me and that He is looking out for me all the time. I am also reminded of the scripture that says “For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.” Psalm 91:11-12. (NIV)

I am also reminded of Lamentations 3:22-24 “It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.”

Ladies today, be encouraged because no matter what you are going through, whether good or bad, day or night, God’s favour, His love and His contentment are with you. He will take you through whatever it is you are going through.

In the last part of the scripture David said “and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Ladies, like David whatever you do, at all times desire to be in God’s presence because where God dwells, love, joy and peace dwells.   

 Let’s Pray,

Lord thank you for you mercies that is new every morning. Thank you for giving your angels charge over us to protect and keep us. Help us to dwell in your presence always Father
  
In Jesus Name

Amen

Have a God Filled Day Ladies











No comments:

Post a Comment