Friday 14 June 2013

Such Reassurance


Main Scripture:  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matt 11:28-30 (ESV)

Song To Meditate On: What A Friend We Have in Jesus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XRmGEbH0qs)

It has been quite reassuring over the years to know that if I have an issue I can take it to God knowing that it will be taken care of. This I have been doing since I was a child and have never been disappointed.

Today I want to encourage you with a hymn, written by Joseph Scriven in 1857 to comfort his sick mother. It is said that this song with its “simply stated truths have brought solace and comfort to countless numbers of God's people since it was first written in 1857”

Today if you are hurting, depressed, having some issue that you don’t know how to deal with, I leave this song with you and pray that you will find peace and comfort. I release God’s best over your life today ladies.

What A Friend We Have in Jesus
What a Friend we have in Jesus, 
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry 
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, 
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry 
everything to God in prayer. 

Have we trials and temptations? 
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; 
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we 
find a friend so faithful 
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; 
take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden, 
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge, 
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do your 
friends despise, forsake you? 
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield you; 
you will find a solace there.

Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised 
Thou wilt all our burdens bear
May we ever, Lord, be bringing all to 
Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright unclouded there 
will be no need for prayer
Rapture, praise and endless worship 
will be our sweet portion there.


Have A God Filled Day Ladies

Let’s Pray,

Almighty God, most faithful and loving father, thank you for the privilege and honour of your friendship. Thank you today for caring about us so that we can take all our issue and problems to you. Lord comfort those who are hurting today, provide solutions for those who are having issues, heal those who are sick and mend the broken hearts. Lord again we thank you.

In Jesus Name

Amen  














No comments:

Post a Comment