Friday 28 June 2013

His Eye is On The Sparrow

Main Scripture: Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Song to Meditate On: Lauryn Hill & CeCe Winans - His eye is on the sparrow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn3ZfpjfPBM)


 When my father died two years ago this song really brought comfort to me. It was really comforting to know that in my time of bereavement and sorrow God was watching over my family and I.

The sparrow is just a very tiny bird, in Jesus’s time it was used by the poorest persons as a sacrifice because that is what they could afford. In the scripture above Jesus is reminding us that we are far more valuable than a sparrow, he watches over them and take care of them. So imagine what He will do for us who are made in His image and likeness.

Civilla Martin in her own words tells us what inspired her to write this song;
Early in the spring of 1905, my husband and I were sojourning in Elmira, New York. We contracted a deep friendship for a couple by the name of Mr. and Mrs. Doolittle—true saints of God. Mrs. Doolittle had been bedridden for nigh twenty years. Her husband was an incurable cripple who had to propel himself to and from his business in a wheel chair. Despite their afflictions, they lived happy Christian lives, bringing inspiration and comfort to all who knew them. One day while we were visiting with the Doolittles, my husband commented on their bright hopefulness and asked them for the secret of it. Mrs. Doolittle's reply was simple: "His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me." The beauty of this simple expression of boundless faith gripped the hearts and fired the imagination of Dr. Martin and me. The hymn "His Eye Is on the Sparrow" was the outcome of that experience.
—Civilla Martin

Ladies today if you are concerned or worried, if you are sad, you might have lost a loved one or having a very bad week, be encouraged knowing that your Heavenly Father above cares for you and watches over you.

I really pray that as you meditate on the words of this song today, you will feel the comforting presence of God like I did when my father died and still do whenever I feel discouraged.
  
Have A God Filled Day Ladies

Let’s Pray,

Most wonderful Father and Friend, today I pray that you will comfort and encourage everyone who is hurting or discouraged today. Lord be there presence help today remove every suicidal thoughts and tendencies, remove every spirit of discouragement and depression. Replace them Lord Jesus with peace and contentment.

In Jesus Name


Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment